Calling all pickle lovers…
Dill pickle-flavored seasoning is about the rock your world! Annnd so is the Air Fryer Dill Chicken Bites recipe I created with it 👀
Trader Joe’s Seasoning In A Pickle Blend was the inspo for this recipe. When I first saw the little green-labeled jar in the spice aisle at TJ’s, I paused for a moment before adding it to my cart. My mind went to, “it sounds fun, but what on earth am I going to use it on?!” Unlike some of their other amazing seasonings, like the Elote and Umami, which literally can go on just about anything, I wondered how versatile the flavor of dill pickle seasoning might be.
I’m beyond happy to say that once I got my jar home, tried it, and fell in love, I discovered countless uses for it (and went back and bought six more just in case it was seasonal).
The flavor is incredibly bold, salty, tangy, peppery and full of dill. It tastes like you’re biting into one of those huge, flavorful pickles you get from a state fair. When I’m hungry mid-day, I simply shake a bunch over a bowl of cucumbers and I stay nice and satisfied until dinner.
What else can I use dill pickle seasoning on?
Oh, let me count the ways…
– Sprinkle directly on sliced organic turkey, add some avocado and microgreens and throw into a tortilla or wrap
– Use on hard-boiled eggs, or better yet, make a fun, bold deviled egg recipe
– Slice up Persian cucumbers and sprinkle all over. This is a great snack that’s extra crunchy and satisfies a savory craving
– Add to tuna or chicken salad, or anything you’d use chopped pickles for
– Make your avocado toast with a few shakes of it on top
– Add to a pasta salad that’s filled with cucumbers and tomatoes
– Make the new recipe I’m obsessing over…
Air Fryer Pickle Chicken Bites
This might be my new favorite way to make chicken. I first tried it out of pure curiosity, and I’ve made it several times since. I absolutely love this chicken on a salad, but it’s just as good on its own. I’m thinking it would make a really fun appetizer too. Maybe I’ll try it next time we have people over to watch a game!
Air Fryer Pickle Chicken Bites
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time14 mins
Course: Appetizer, Main Course
Keyword: trader joe’s, trader joe’s recipe, chicken, dill pickle, chicken bites, dill pickle seasoning, air fryer, chicken tenders, easy recipe, simple recipe
Servings: 2 servings
*This recipe may contain affiliate links to products we use and love.
- 6 oz Chicken tenders cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp Trader Joe’s Dill Pickle Mustard (regular mustard is fine)
- 1 1/2 tsp Trader Joe’s Pickle Seasoning*
- Olive oil cooking spray
Preheat an air fryer to 380°F.
Add the chicken pieces to a bowl and toss with the mustard and pickle seasoning.
Spray the bottom of the air fryer with cooking spray, then lay half of the chicken pieces inside. Coat the tops with more cooking spray. Air fry for 7 minutes, or until fully cooked. Remove the cooked pieces, then repeat the process to cook the remaining chicken. Serve immediately.
* If you can’t find Trader Joe’s Seasoning In A Pickle, it’s really easy to make your own dill pickle seasoning blend (recipe below!).
You could also try this alternative.
Now, as TJ’s tends to do (and it breaks my heart every time), this item may end up seasonal.
Meaning, you might go shopping on a Monday and see a shelf full of them, and go back on Saturday only to have them say, “sorry, we’re out until next year.”
With that fear looming over me (#pickleobsessed), I created my own recipe in the event I show up one day only to have my pickle-loving heart broken because they’re out of stock. If you can’t find the Dill Pickle Seasoning at your TJ’s or you don’t live close to a store (sad!), no worries! The DIY version of this seasoning is super easy.
DIY Dill Pickle Seasoning Recipe
– 1/4 cup buttermilk powder
– 1 tablespoon vinegar powder
– 1 1/2 tablespoons dried dill
– 2 teaspoons onion powder
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Mix everything together and store in a glass mason jar.
Give it a try and see what you think! Comment below if you give any of these recipes a whirl, and LMK if you find any other creative ways to use dill pickle seasoning!
Or if you find another pickle seasoning brand out there like this one on Amazon, use that! Wait… now I’m curious about making this air fryer chicken bites with other seasonings?! Which one should I try first?
Source by www.blogilates.com