*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
The newest launch from VB is the Victoria Beckham Beauty Reflect Highlighter Stick and I’ve had lots of request for a review. Here’s what you need to know along with swatches and photos.
What is Victoria Beckham Beauty Reflect Highlighter Stick?
- Refect Highlighter Stick is a moisturising highlighting balm
- Uses Air Core pearl technology
- Infused with strawberry butter
- Can be used over makeup or bare skin (see my notes below on this)
- Gives a dewy, healthy-skin glow
- Glitter-free with no stickiness
- Strawberry Butter (Strawberry Seed Oil + Shea Butter) – rich in phytonutrients, vitamins for moisturisation and antioxidant activity
- Silica Microspheres for a silkiness upon application and a soft focus finish
- Available in shade Pearl which is designed to be luminous and sheer on all skin tones
Victoria Beckham Beauty Reflect Highlighter Stick Swatch
Victoria Beckham Beauty Reflect Highlighter Stick
This highlighter is designed to deliver a really natural glass-skin look and it most definitely does that. It has a lovely balmy, moisturising texture that melts into the skin. The above picture shows it over a very light layer of the new It Cosmetics CC Cream (review and swatches here).
I don’t think the stick works as well when you use it over a higher coverage foundation, because it tends to pick up the makeup underneath and leave a bit of a patch. If you’re a high coverage person, this may not be for you.
I like this much more over a completely natural base or a very light tinted moisturiser and, to be honest, I think that the balmy finish of this product really suits more of a no makeup look, rather than something more done.
You probably don’t want to use the Victoria Beckham Beauty Reflect Highlighter Stick over a powder either, as I think it will pick it up. You really need to keep the layers of makeup thin underneath this.
One way I have quite liked to use it is under foundation for that lit-from-within ‘underglow’. It is definitely worth playing around with this to make it work in a way that really suits you.
I do love the packaging. The gold lipstick-style casing feels super luxe and the ivory top embossed with VB is so pretty. It’s definitely something you’d enjoy keeping in your handbag for top-ups on the go.
Where to buy it
The Victoria Beckham Beauty Reflect Highlighter stick is £36 and available now on the brand’s website.
I’ve also been loving the Posh Gloss – see all the shades and swatches in my Victoria Beckham Beauty Posh Gloss blog post.
Source by reallyree.com