The month of March is special for women all over the globe. Any guesses as to why? Yes, it brings celebrations around womanhood to the fore with International Women’s Day.
Yes, March 8th is observed as a holiday in many countries. Some others celebrate it not by declaring it a holiday but by holding debates, discussions, and street marches demanding equality for women. The media covers this day with full gusto.
How did it all start?
Way back in 1908, the first International Women’s Day was celebrated. On this day that year, women in America took to the streets of New York City to fight for their rights. Every year on the 8th of March, the world joins hands to celebrate womanhood and uphold the cause of women’s empowerment.
No discussion on women’s empowerment is complete without reinstating the importance of their education, health, work opportunities, and the need to overhaul the stereotypical social perception of them through mass media.
What to Wear: International Women’s Day 2022 is something you must be eager to know, right? Are there any women’s day colors? Yes, there are. Is there anything new about women’s day fashion? Yes, there are styles and tips to the extent of casual outfits for professional women.
The Official Color Of The International Women’s Day 2022
“Purple” is the Color Of The Year 2022.
Why wear purple on International Women’s Day when we normally associate the color purple with lavender flowers?
UltraViolet 18-3838, a passionate purple hue, is the 19th Pantone Color of the Year. Purple is also the women’s day color of 2022. It will also complement the International Women’s Day “BreakTheBias” #IWD2022 campaign theme, which highlights feminism.
Purple has a historic association with the movement for women’s empowerment. The Women’s Social and Political Union (WSPU) is symbolically represented by purple, green, and white.
WPSU is an organisation that is the torchbearer of the feminist movement in Britain in the 20th century that fought for women’s voting rights. The color purple denoted the “royal blood that flows in the veins of every suffragette.” While white is synonymous with purity, the color green signifies hope.
Since the official color for International Women’s Day is purple, go ahead and wear a purple shirt and ribbon. It is a good idea for casual outfits for professional women.
One step ahead – be that obnoxious coworker who writes all of her emails in purple font!!It not only sounds cool, it is the first step towards showing solidarity with the feminist cause.
Any ideas for the logo of International Women’s Day? Since women are from Venus, the planet takes center stage in all its purple glory, with women from different walks of life in the background!
The chosen purple color is a symbol of justice and dignity, which are two important goals that International Women’s Day aims to achieve for all women in all parts of the world.
How To Celebrate International Women’s Day 2022 Online?
Almost all the social activities and causes these days go viral overnight. Social media has become the most sensational platform to grab eyeballs for a cause. And it is bound to be flooded with messages celebrating womanhood on International Women’s Day. For the entire first week of March till 8th March, this is what you can do:
You can use the following hashtags to join the feminist bandwagon on social media.
In addition to tagging your photographs and posts with these hashtags, you can also do the following:
- Share or retweet a message related to International Women’s Day 2022.
- Use the logo of International Women’s Day 2022 as your display picture for the day.
- You can also use the IWD logo in your email signatures in purple.
- Since the official color of International Women’s Day 2022 is purple, make sure you sport the royal hue that day both physically and virtually.
- You can give vent to your creative imagination and shoot a video that voices the universal concerns of women and reinstates the need for women’s empowerment.
How To Celebrate International Women’s Day 2022 Offline?
Yes, you can do it this way too. Here is how to:
- Several NGOs, media houses, and corporations celebrate International Women’s Day by organizing women-centric discussions, health camps, and drives. You can definitely be a part of it. Should you be a part of the organizing team, decorate your office cabin in purple. It would be a nice idea if you could screen a short film that talks about the feminist cause.
- Want to take one step ahead to show your commitment to International Women’s Day and women’s day colors? Go ahead and donate to organizations striving for women’s empowerment.
What To Wear: International Women’s Day 2022 is something the post has answered amply. Go ahead and celebrate girls’ power and womanhood!
Images Source: womensdaycelebration.com, www.internationalwomensday.com
Source by www.fashionlady.in